In the first of a 3 episode arc on allyship, this week we cover the five things that allyship is NOT:
- Allyship is not a self bestowed title. Don’t call yourself an ally!
- Allyship is not a box to check on our way to collecting a certain number of ‘woke’ points.
- Allyship is not something that you earn once and keep for life. You need to keep at it, with continuous improvement.
- Allyship is not one-size-fits-all.
- Allyship is not a badge. There’s no Twitter verified check next to it. You do it anyway.
Over the the next two weeks, we’ll cover
- The key practices for shifting to inclusion by default
- The need to embrace courage and forget ego (and how a baking analogy might help)
If you’ve just found us, give us a rating (just hit the star of your choice, no review needed even). Please and thank you.